Reports To: Shop Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: Sets up and operates spinning lathe for the production of products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Possesses the ability to read and comprehend blue prints
- Spins metal and pulls tooling according to the guidelines set forth on the prints
- Establishes material requirements
- Inspects parts to ensure accuracy
- Cleans work area, machines, tools, and equipment.
- Uses the assistance of equipment, such as spinning lathe and overhead cranes for the production of materials.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience - High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate). Preferred 5+ years experience.
- Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blue prints and documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to management, public groups, and/or board of directors. Ability to interact clearly and effectively, in both written and oral communication, with supervisor, clients, staff, vendors, etc.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc. This role requires an above-average knowledge of Microsoft Office.